Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Consent to Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Association of Consumer and Trade Show Professionals (“ACTSP”) website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ACTSP's website;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ACTSP at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Trademark / Service Mark
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the “Marks”), including but not limited to Association of Consumer and Trade Show Professionals and ACTSP are proprietary to ACTSP or other respective owners that have granted ACTSP the right and license to use such Marks. To the extent that such Marks are owned by ACTSP, such Marks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not our product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among our customers or users of this website, or in any other manner in violation of the trademark and service mark laws, without the express written consent of ACTSP. You also many not use any Marks owned by a party other than ACTSP without the express written consent of such other owner or ACTSP if ACTSP has been given the authority to grant you permission.
The materials on ACTSP's website are provided "as is." ACTSP makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ACTSP does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall ACTSP or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ACTSP's Internet site, even if ACTSP or a ACTSP authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on ACTSP's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ACTSP does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. ACTSP may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. ACTSP does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ACTSP has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ACTSP of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to ACTSP's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Email Harvesting
ACTSP does not authorize “email harvesting” of any kind through this website – in compliance with provisions in CAN-SPAM, Sec. 4.(b)(2)(A)(i)(I). Visitors are not permitted to capture email addresses posted on this site using any methods, to use for personal databases, mailing lists, mass email distribution, marketing efforts and the like.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Contest Official Rules and Regulations
Contest Entry and Eligibility
- By entering the Contest, entrants:
a) Agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations; and
b)Agree that Massachusetts courts have jurisdiction over any disputer or litigation arising from or relating to Sweepstakes and that the venue shall only be Northampton, MA.
- The Association of Consumer and Trade Professionals (“ACTSP”) and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic.
- ACTSP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Contest should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and ACTSP reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering with Contest procedures, using automated entry devices or programs, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, ACTSP reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Void where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States. By participating via Twitter, Facebook or other social media tools, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of ACTSP and waive any and all rights to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
- All prize details are at ACTSP’s discretion.
- Prizes are limited to one per person.
- Contest submissions are welcome from all legal U.S. residents only.
- The Contest will run for a specified period of time as stated in the marketing material announcing the Contest.
- All prizes will be awarded within sixty (60) days of the Contest end-date.
- The contest is open to all people of age 18 or greater, unless other restrictions apply.
- ACTSP will not verify receipt of entry.
- Automated entries and use of automated devices or programs to submit entries are grounds for disqualification.
- ACTSP employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- The Contest Winner must a resident of the United States or Canada.
- No purchase necessary.
Restrictions on Winning
- The Contest Winner must accept their prize within thirty (30) days of notification via email or an alternate Winner will be selected.
- A Winner is defined as the Contest participant that accepts the prize within thirty (30) days of notification and whose eligibility has been verified.
Limits of Liability
- Neither ACTSP, nor its officers, directors, agents, or affiliated entities are responsible for:
a) Any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury or damage to persons property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided; or
b) Any liability for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Contest for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing the prize. All such losses and expenses must be borne by the affected participant and/or Winner.